Friday, June 22, 2007

Life is Discipleship

Have you ever said, "If I can only make it through this week," or "I'm just trying to make it through the day!" I can't tell you how many times I've said those kind of things. But I think when we say those things, we are living unaware of what God is doing. Could it be that when we are focused on the daily grind or the rat race or whatever you call it that we miss important opportunities for God to develop us? Could it be that God's discipleship process is more than a Bible study or a church service (not that I'm against those things!)? Maybe "life" is God's discipleship process. Jesus discipled 12 men by experiencing life with them.

So the next time you find yourself saying, "that's life," maybe its not just part of "life." Maybe its God's discipleship process for you. Maybe He's trying to make you more like Jesus. Maybe there's more going on than "life."

No comments: