Thursday, May 24, 2007

"6"

Yesterday, my oldest daughter, Annabeth, turned 6 years old. Where does the time go? It was only yesterday she was a helpless baby - now our third is on the way! Annabeth is growing up so fast. She no longer needs our help for every little thing (and thinks she needs less help than she actually does!). She can read and write and do a little math. She is really amazing. She will be a great leader. She's smart and stubborn and passionate. I pray Wendy and I can just teach her to love Jesus. If we can do that, she'll do great work advancing the kingdom of God.

At her Kindergarten graduation last week, her teacher gave her the "Debra" award. That suits her because Debra was a leader and a warrior for God. I am looking forward to see what God will do through Annabeth. But I can wait. I'm fine with her just being my little girl a while longer! They grow up too fast.

Daddy loves you, Annabeth!

1 comment:

David B. Reid said...

Wow, Clinton,

I remember when Annabeth was just a baby like Ben. We are so excited about your third little one on the way. I'm with you on the kids staying small. I love this stage of life.